11.23.2007

More from New Media Douche Bags: Makin' it Viral

*Gag* Lets be clear: I hate when new media or ad douche bags say, "lets make a viral." There are too many things wrong with that statement to begin deconstruction, but I'm sure you get the point. Below is my comment left on the recent TechCrunch guest post by Dan Ackerman Greenberg, "The Secret Strategies Behind Many “Viral” Videos." Obviously, anything titled as such was designed in of itself to be a viral post amid this holiday blogosphere lull (I mean, perfect timing when Firefox 3 and the missing "is" from Facebook status's were the dominating stories on Techmeme-- viral potential complete with Mike's 'this digusts me' comment)...and it apparently worked with 375 comments and 150 blog links to the post (correction: 151) so far. Aside from the post being utterly ridiculous and unsurprising (uh, there's no "secret" revealed, and no surprise). It just goes to show how the promise of unlocking the secrets to manipulating new media is like unto the search for the elixer of life. I would expound more on this but right now the post Thanksgiving turkey sandwich is inducing another tryptophan coma and my soon-to-be-nieces are jumping about and wanting to play princesses...

No comments: